Experienced, engaging and enthusiastic English teacher with 10 years of teaching experience in a variety of subjects (English, Chemistry, Biology and Physics) delivered in both English and Dutch. Well-travelled and a native speaker of three languages who has prior industrial experience in biotechnology, microbiology, cell biology and molecular science.
- 1st Class Degree in Bachelor of Arts: English Language and Linguistics, University of Brighton (United Kingdom).
- CELTA Certificate (Cambridge English Language Teacher for Adults), St Giles Brighton.
- Bachelor of Arts: TESOL. University of Applied Sciences Amsterdam, (transferred to Brighton).
- TESOL Certificate (Teaching English as a Second Language to Juniors): English Language Teaching, The TEFL Academy.
- Associate of Arts: Fine Art, Art Academy of Harlem.
- Associate of Science: Biochemistry.
EF International Language School – Sydney, Australia
Role: Senior English Teacher Dates: July 2018 - October 2019
EF International Language School - Eastbourne, UK
Role: English Teacher Dates: September 2015 - June 2018
- Emphasised critical thinking through small and large group activities.
- Exam Preparation Cambridge Advanced in English (CAE).
- Teaching Science.
- Teaching English at various levels (A1-C2).
- Created monthly academic status reports based on in-depth student evaluations.
- Collaborated with teachers and department heads to meet monthly and yearly education goals.
- Developed and taught a curriculum to improve students’ conversational abilities.
- Designed Seasonal programmes emphasising vocabulary, pronunciation and reading comprehension.
- Administered and graded tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
- Improved instruction methods using a variety of assessment tools and strategies.
- Attended workshops to learn about student motivation and engaging learning activities.
- Taught lessons in various Secondary schools in Sweden as Teacher on The Road. Reference: Nigel Warwick. Position: Director of studies. Phone number: +447419330519
Berger Scholen Gemeenschap - Bergen, The Netherlands
Role: English Teacher Dates: September 2014 - July 2015
- Preparing and delivering lessons, lesson plans and monthly status reports.
- Teaching English (B2 Level).
- Receiving feedback for each lesson to improve my teaching skills.
- Preparing students for their annual debates.
- English Literature.
European School of Bergen – Bergen, The Netherlands
Role: English Teacher (Placement) Dates: September 2014 - March 2015
- Exam Preparation First Certificate in English (FCE).
- English Literature.
- Foundation La Boquilla, Colombia, 2015. English Teacher at a Secondary School.
- Foundation Pachung, Bali, 2013. English Teacher at a Primary School.
- Foundation Amauta, Argentina and Peru, 2012. English teacher and Basketball Coach.
- Science Teacher/ Science Laboratory Technician (September 2009 - September 2014)
- Molecular Research Analyst (March 2002 - July 2009)